The best way to remember how you can help is to think of the three R's - Reduce, Re-use, Recycle. Doing some of these simple things in your everyday life can go a long way towards saving the environment, for you and the animals.
- Watch the time when you're in the shower. The ideal length for a shower is 3 minutes.
- When no one is in a room, switch off the lights.
- When you are brushing your teeth, make sure that the tap isn't left running.
- Get creative making Christmas and birthday cards from old cards, postcards, photos, stamps, pretty paper and more. For more recycling ideas with cards, Click Here
- Ask mum or dad if there are any empty jars in the kitchen, such as jam or pasta sauce jars. You can re-use these to store things inside.
- Re-use water from your washing machine to water the garden.